Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thoughts on Blood Orange Pinkberry



Fro-yo girl here. I tried Blood Orange Pinkberry last night...and really liked it. I was fearful that it would taste like Original with just a hint of blood orange flavor, but the new flavor has quite a strong blood orange flavor. Juicy and bright, Blood Orange is one of the tarter Pinkberry fro-yo flavors.





For toppings I chose:
* Fresh blood orange segments: the fresh blood orange was sour like grapefruit. The sourness of the fresh blood orange brought out the sweetness of the blood orange fro-yo.
* Marcona almonds: I always get these, they just add a nice crunch and mild flavor
* Fresh raspberries: complements most fruit flavors
* Graham crackers: I like graham crackers but didn't like the flavor or texture (brittle, chalky) they added to this fro-yo combination.

I've always wondered why fro-yo shops have been so slow to add tart citrus flavors to their line-up...but that's gradually changing.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

1 comment:

U.N. Owen said...

Love blood orange! I thought I was the only one. I always get it with cheesecake bites and lemon cookie crunch. Try it you'll love it!