Sunday, January 30, 2011

Frozen Yogurt FAQs


Fro-yo girl here. I'm wrapping up my coverage of the Frozen Yogurt Conference with some random things I learned at the conference.

It's unclear who first started selling fro-yo in the U.S. but it was probably an equipment manufacturer on the East Coast during the 1970s.

The FDA has not approved of any probiotic health claims for food products.

Gritty fro-yo may be a sign that you need to replace your fro-yo machine blades.

Sugar-free fro-yo is impossible...no sugar added is different. Since fro-yo needs to contain milk and milk has glucose, fro-yo always contains sugar.

Some people think that consumers shy away from green colored fro-yo. It doesn't bother me unless it looks too unnatural.

Most popular fro-yo toppings:
1. Strawberries
2. Reeses peanut butter cups
3. Raspberries
4. Diced almonds
5. Cookie dough pieces
6. Mini gummi bears
7. Oreos
8. Mini M&Ms
9. Cheesecake
10. Heath bar

Mochi was #16...but maybe it's not offered at as many places? Well, mochi is my favorite topping. I liked diced almonds and raspberries. I don't like how the color of the M&Ms comes off and runs into the fro-yo. Ick.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

2 comments:

Bonnibella said...

How cool to have attended the conference. I wish I got to go! My favorite fro-yo topping is captain crunch cereal.

Lolia S said...

The fro-yo conference was something else :). I wonder if they'll have it next year - not sure.

I was surprised cereal wasn't in the top 10 most popular fro-yo toppings.

- FYG