Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 the Year in Fro-yo Review


Fro-yo girl here. It's time to revisit my 2010 wish list to see which of my fro-yo wishes came true in 2010.

* More Yogurtland signature fro-yo spoons. This wish didn't come true but Tuttimelon came out with signature logo spoons...only they're not available in the U.S. yet. I hope to get some in 2011, without having to go to Hong Kong to pick up the spoons.

* Mobile fro-yo trucks in the Bay Area: Fro-yo trucks popped up in NYC but there still isn't one in the Bay Area. Why?

I didn't have many wishes and they didn't come true either. The year wasn't such a great one for fro-yo in the Bay Area. I'm sad about a couple of shops that closed, especially Cafe Delatti. However, the year was an interesting one. YoCream was acquired by Danone, Jamba Juice started testing its line of fro-yo (in the Sacramento area), I tried fro-yo at Target (not self-serve), Menchie's made it up to the Bay Area, and Greek yogurt grew in popularity. Next time I'll reveal my fro-yo wish list for 2011.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

We are working on getting Froyo trucks up and running in SF. But its a hard battle.

Patrick from Revel Systems.