Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Blush Burlingame Training Night
Fro-yo girl here. After a really loooong wait, Blush Burlingame is really going to open!!!!! Yes, finally. I had the honor of visiting them during employee training night (they were practicing their swirls) and checking out the space. It’s a huge space for a fro-yo shop. Taking over the space of a former art gallery, Blush Burlingame features high ceilings, playful touches (green walls, painted with butterflies), recycled glass tiles & tabletops, three 65” flatscreen TVs, iPod docking station, floors made out of recycled materials, skylights, Italian chairs, and plenty of places to lounge and hang out. Remember to follow the butterflies…
I spotted the giant chocolate bar (ready to be shaved) and the 3 fro-yo machines. I also saw the shaved ice machine. I’m pretty sure that menu will be the same as the other Blush locations (Blush Blends, shaved ice). The soft opening is this Friday, 2/19. Enjoy a free small fro-yo with two toppings from 12 – 5 PM.
Fro-yo flavors you’ll see (remember these are all organic and delicious):
* Cookies n’ cream: their newest flavor, has a chocolatey flavor that goes well with crunchy toppings
* Pineapple tart: love it, if you like pineapple, you need to try this flavor
* Acai blueberry: one of my favorites (but I have so many Blush favorites)
* Original tart: the perfect original tart, sweet finish, real yogurt flavor
* Blush (pomengranate-dragonfruit): their signature flavor, a favorite of many
* Mango tart: this was the flavor they were practicing with. I hadn’t had it in awhile and it was even better than I remembered. Great texture (firm, smooth), sweet and real tasting – tastes like real mango and real yogurt
Saturday is the grand opening (at noon) so come by to support Blush. They’re giving away a ton of prizes – for every purchase, you’ll get a raffle ticket and 3 winners will be announced every hour from 1 – 5 PM. The prizes include a Sony Blu Ray player, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, Xbox, Warriors courtside tickets, SF Giants memorabilia, Jerry Rice signed memorabilia and something signed by Joe Montana. Wow.
Thanks for the Blush Burlingame t-shirt and congratulations Blush!!!
You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.
* BLUSH BURLINGAME: 1212 Donnelly Avenue, Burlingame, CA