Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Normal Ice Cream Soft Serve Pop-up




Fro-yo girl here. I’ve seen Normal Ice Cream pints in stores and walked by the brick & mortar shop in Salt Lake City (it’s on the same street as Yagoot), but I haven’t tried it yet. When I saw that they had a soft serve pop-up in Atwater Village, I stopped by. The LA pop-ups have been going on for over a year, and the next one takes place on August 30 at Gjusta Grocer in Venice, CA, from 1 PM – 4 PM.

The bright yellow cart was set up outside of Wine & Eggs. There was one soft serve flavor, salted vanilla bean, available in a cup or cone ($6), with the option of adding a dark chocolate or almond butter dip ($3), and fancy toppings (pretzel shortbread, lemon curd, raspberry jam, chocolate chip cookie, raspberry powder).

The soft serve was soft, silky, and very creamy. The flavor was so mild though. It tasted like milk soft serve. I couldn’t taste vanilla or salt. The pretzel shortbread added a nice crunch, but it tasted like regular shortbread. I could not taste the pretzel. The lemon curd didn’t have much tang. The flavors were muted, but the ingredients were high quality.

I wish I had visited when they offered a more interesting flavor than vanilla.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: