Sunday, January 7, 2024

New Pinkberry Flavor, Ube Honey

 




Fro-yo girl here. Pinkberry’s first new flavor of 2024 is…Ube Honey frozen yogurt. This non-tart flavor has a striking dark purple hue. I tried a sample and it was decent but I didn’t want a cup of it. The flavor was sweet and slightly earthy and nutty. The dark color looked unnatural and unappetizing to me but it certainly is unique. Ube pairs well with coconut. The texture was light and smooth.

Ube is a purple yam from the Philippines that’s rich in antioxidants. It was named the 2024 flavor of the year by T. Hasewaga, the flavor house. I’ve had ube froyo before from other places and I’ve never been a fan.

Pinkberry recommends enjoying Ube Honey froyo with shaved coconut, honeycomb, and honey drizzle.

While my local Pinkberry had Ube Honey, they didn’t have the Ube Honey poster or signs (marketing materials).

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: