Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Chobani Zero Sugar Greek Yogurt Review





Fro-yo girl here. Chobani launched a zero sugar line of Greek yogurt back in June 2021. I did see it in stores, but the idea of yogurt sweetened with sugar alternatives didn’t appeal to me (e.g., I did not like Two Good Greek yogurt). But with all the new zero sugar products coming out, including Chobani’s new zero sugar line of yogurt drinks, I decided to give Chobani Zero Sugar yogurt a try. Chobani Zero Sugar has done well thanks to the interest in zero-sugar products.

Chobani Zero Sugar yogurt is made with filtered milk and only natural ingredients. It’s lactose-free and has live and active cultures. The main ingredients are ultra-filtered nonfat milk, water, and skim milk. It’s sweetened with allulose, stevia, and monk fruit.

I found Chobani Zero Sugar yogurt at Target for $1.25 on sale (regular price, $1.69). One cup is 5.3 oz.

Available flavors: Strawberry, Toasted Coconut Vanilla, Vanilla, Mixed Berry, Strawberry Cheesecake, Blueberry, Milk & Cookies, Key Lime Pie, Peach, Black Cherry, Pumpkin Spice, Raspberry, Lemon Meringue Pie

Milk & Cookies: It’s hard to imagine a cookie without sugar. The yogurt was thick and creamy. I was surprised by the whiteness of the yogurt and the lack of visible cookies. It did have a chocolate sandwich cookie flavor but it was more like a hint of cookie flavor. The yogurt seemed very sweet in an artificial way (yes, the sweeteners they use are natural but they have an aftertaste). The flavor was bland, very sweet, and chalky.

Vanilla: This one was smooth and creamy. It tasted sour, rotten, and sweet with a very heavy mouthfeel. It reminded me of glue. One serving is 60 calories, 0g total fat, 5g total carbs, 0g sugars, and 11g protein.

I don’t like Chobani Zero Sugar at all. I don’t think I can finish a cup of it.

1 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: