Sunday, January 2, 2022

2022 Froyo Wish List

IG @koomiyoghurt


Fro-yo girl here. Happy Froyo New Year! And the new year means a new froyo wish list. But before I get to the new wishes, let’s see if any of my 2021 froyo wishes came true.

2021 Froyo Wishes


  • Erewhon starts stocking Yoga-urt: This hasn’t happened though Erewhon has added more plant-based ice cream brands.
  • More no sugar added froyo offerings: Yogurtland introduced a Pineapple & Greens Smoothie Bowl NSA soft serve in January 2021. And Pinkberry Nigeria introduced a Lite Chocolate NSA flavor. Those two flavors were the only new NSA flavors that I noticed.
  • More tea flavors: This kinda happened. Menchie’s Canada had four Bubble Yo froyo flavors, 16 Handles introduced Chai Tea oat milk soft serve, and Yogurtland’s Milk Tea froyo.

2022 Froyo Wishes


  • Purple Rice as a Froyo Topping: I’ve finally had purple rice yogurt drinks and they’re good but I haven’t had froyo with purple rice. It's a combination you can get at Koomi in Malaysia and Australia.
  • Trying Israeli and Australian Froyo: Right now I’d have to go to NYC to try some Israeli froyo but I hope Anita Gelato will open a location in the Bay Area or Los Angeles…or I make it to the one in NYC. Maybe an Australian froyo shop like Yo-Chi will decide to open in Los Angeles…seems unlikely but you never know.
  • Pinkberry Pops: Pinkberry Pops (popsicles) are available in other countries but not the US. Why???
  • Boba Froyo: You know how boba ice cream (ice cream with tapioca pearls) became a thing in 2020 and 2021? I’d like pints of froyo with tapioca pearls.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: