Thursday, October 15, 2020

I-Mei Milk Ice Bars from Taiwan





Fro-yo girl here. I found I-Mei’s Green Tea & Red Bean Milky Ice Bar and Red Bean Milk Ice Bar at 99 Ranch Market in Arcadia, CA. They were on sale, 2 boxes for $7 (regular price, $4.89 per box). These aren’t boba bars but I like them better than boba bars. Each box comes with 5 individually wrapped bars, imported from Taiwan.

Red bean milk ice bar: If you’ve ever had Chinese red bean milk, this bar will taste familiar. The ingredients are similar – water, red beans, sugar, milk. One bar is 88g, 160 calories, 6g total fat, 23g total carbs, 11g total sugars, and 5g protein. If you like red bean milk drinks, you’ll like the red bean milk ice bar. It was firm and on the icier side but not watery. I liked how it was packed full of sweet whole red beans. It was sweet but not crazy sweet and the iciness made it refreshing. 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Green tea & red bean milky ice bar: So good. I love green tea, red bean and the combination of the two. Half the bar was sweet cream flavored and the other half green tea with tiny pieces of red bean. The bar was softer and creamier than the red bean ice milk bar. I could definitely taste the green tea and red bean, plus the two sides were complementary. So good! I'm getting more of these. One 88g bar had 180 calories, 9g total fat, 21g total carbs, 20g total sugars and 3g protein. 5 out of 5 stars.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: