Thursday, April 25, 2019

Alden’s Organic Freckled Strawberry Yogurt Bar Review



Fro-yo girl here. I’ve seen Alden’s Organic ice cream for years, but I never saw any frozen yogurt offering, so I never tried it – until now. Alden’s Organic has a new frozen yogurt product, Freckled Strawberry yogurt bars, introduced at Expo West this year. I spotted the yogurt bars at Sprouts. One box was $4.99 regular price, $4.49 on sale. A box comes with four bars.

Freckled Strawberry: The bar was soft and creamy. It was quite sweet, with no yogurt flavor. It tasted like strawberry ice cream. The strawberries were blended into the bar.

One bar is 90 calories, with 1.5g total fat, 19g total carbohydrate, 13g sugars, and 2g protein. The yogurt bars are organic, non-GMO, and contain live and active cultures.

It looks like Alden’s strawberry yogurt bars are the same as Julie’s Organic strawberry yogurt bars because it says New Look same great taste on the box. On the side of the box, which I didn’t notice till I was at home, it says Julie’s Organic is now Alden’s Organic. I gave the bars 3 stars back in 2011. I hadn’t had the bars since then, because they’re too sweet. Both brands are owned by Oregon Ice Cream.

Ingredients: Cultured nonfat milk, cane sugar, strawberries, tapioca syrup, cream, short chain fructan fiber, natural strawberry flavor with other natural flavors, guar gum, red beet juice concentrate (color), locust bean gum, citric acid, pectin, xanthan gum.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

3 out of 5 stars.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: