Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Revele Gelato Whipped Greek Yogurt Bars Review



Fro-yo girl here. I first heard about Revele Gelato’s Whipped Greek Yogurt Bars when they were introduced last July. However, I couldn’t find the bars in my area which was surprising, since Revele Gelato is a local company based in Huntington Beach. While Revele’s website lists Bristol Farms as one of the stores that carries their products, the Bristol Farms in South Pasadena only carries the whipped gelato line and not the frozen yogurt bars. I kept checking and I’ve never seen the froyo bars there.

A few months of checking went by. Then I noticed that more retailers were carrying Revele Gelato, including Super A Foods. However, I went to Super A Foods in Temple City and they only had two flavors that didn’t appeal to me in the least, Birthday Party and Watermelon. Super A Foods in Highland Park had Revele’s gelato, but no frozen yogurt bars. Hmm. Finding the bars was much more difficult than I expected. They do have online ordering on their website but I didn’t want to buy something that’s expensive to ship without knowing if it was any good.

Bristol Farms on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood didn’t have the froyo bars. I finally found one flavor of the froyo bars at Bristol Farms in West Hollywood for $5.99/box. A box usually has 4 bars but this package said there was one bonus bar.

Blood Orange Yogurt bar:
The bar is 37g, which is small, even smaller than the bar pictured on the box. But, that’s okay because that’s how they keep each bar so low in calories (60 calories) with 5g total sugar, 5g carbs and 5g protein. It’s gluten-free. The whipped nature of the yogurt helps it achieve an admirable creaminess and lightness that’s rare among frozen yogurt bars. I was surprised by how creamy it was. However, there was very little blood orange flavor and I kept tasting a bitter aftertaste. It was just too bitter. The sweetness level wasn’t too high. There was no tang. It had a mild yet bitter creamsicle flavor. Gums can be bitter and I suspect that’s what I kept tasting.

Available flavors: Unicorn, Tropical Sunset, Raspberry, Birthday Party, Blood Orange, Mint Chip Flipped, Watermelon, Passion Fruit

Ingredients: Greek Yogurt (nonfat milk, yogurt cultures), skim milk, cream, whole milk protein, sugar, color extracts (annatto, turmeric). Contains less than 2% of carob bean gum, distilled mono and diglycerides, natural flavor, lecithin, guar gum.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

3 out of 5 stars.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.


No comments: