Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Two Good Greek Lowfat Yogurt Review


Fro-yo girl here. I first saw Two Good Greek yogurt a few months ago. Since it’s made with stevia, I was reluctant to try it, but curiosity and convenience finally got the better of me. Target had Two Good yogurt for $1.77. Two Good is part of the Light & Fit line by Danone North America. It’s lowfat and non-GMO verified. The yogurt was introduced because of growing demand for low sugar products. I’m all for low sugar products, since so many foods seem too sweet to me, but I don’t like the taste of stevia. While it I plant-based, it doesn’t taste natural to me.

Dannon describes Two Good as “a thick and creamy blended yogurt with 2 grams of total sugar per serving and a taste you'll love, with 12 grams of high-quality protein and 80 calories per 5.3 oz serving.” They also say that Two Good has “85% less sugar than average yogurts.” Two Good is different than other types of Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is typically strained and the process removes some of the dairy sugar. Two Good has a patented slow-straining process; it is made out of strained liquid yogurt and the straining of liquid yogurt removes even more sugar. No sugar is added, but they do add a touch of stevia.

Available flavors: Strawberry, Peach, Blueberry, Vanilla, Mixed Berry

* Vanilla yogurt: The yogurt smelled like sugar substitute. It was sweet, whipped, and smooth. It’s odd to say this, but it was too sweet for me. The sweet aftertaste lingered. There are two low sugar camps: people who want low sugar products that taste as sweet as regular sugar products and people who want low sugar products that actually taste less sweet. I’m definitely in the latter group, whereas this product is for the former group. That said, it’s not horrible. I’d have to add tangy fruit, but I could eat this yogurt because it is mild.

Ingredients (vanilla yogurt): Cultured grade A reduced fat milk, water, contains less than 1% of tapioca starch, natural flavors, lemon juice concentrate, gellan gum, stevia leaf reb 1, fruit and vegetable juice concentrate (for color), sea salt, active yogurt cultures L. Bulgaricus & S. Thermophilus

3 out of 5 stars

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: