Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Pinkberry Azusa Closes




Fro-yo girl here. It’s been a tough year so far for froyo shops in Azusa. N Gelato, which closed earlier this year, didn’t last a full year. Pinkberry Azusa opened in 2009. In 2013, they converted the toppings bar to self-serve though the yogurt was still dispensed by the employee. Going half self-serve seems strange. 

It seems like there was a change in ownership around then and regulars started complaining that the store had gone downhill. Portions shrunk and fruit wasn’t fresh.

I visited in 2015 and noticed that they were skimping on the yogurt and toppings. I wrote this at the time: “There was a hole in the middle of my froyo and when I asked for raspberries, I only received 3 raspberries. I asked for a waffle cookie and only got ½ a cookie – usually other locations give you the whole cookie. Hmm. Why so stingy?” I was the only customer there at the time and I remember it was dark inside. The self-serve toppings bar was no longer offered.

The only froyo shop left in Azusa is Yogurtland. Meanwhile, the next occupant of the Pinkberry space is…Afters Ice Cream.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* PINKBERRY: 862 E Alosta Ave, Azusa, CA 91702

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: