Fro-yo girl here. The newest Yogurtland promotion, Yogurtland & Nintendo Game On, started today. I don’t play Nintendo games like Mario Kart 7 and New Super Mario Bros. 2, but I’m still excited about the new Nintendo character spoons and flavors. Nintendo is promoting its 3DS games for their hand-held systems and reaching families in a new way.
Yogurtland CSUF (the first Yogurtland location, by Cal State Fullerton) had a launch party today with photo opps, free froyo for the first 50 guests and a prize wheel (customers can spin the wheel all day today). Yogurtland associates had red Nintendo t-shirts and hats. There wasn’t any Yogurtland/Nintendo merchandise for sale.
There are ten Nintendo inspired flavors during the promotion, with release dates indicated.
- Mario’s Chocolate Gelato (July 1): “What better way for Mario to fuel up than with this decadent chocolate gelato. We combined real chocolate, rich cocoa, and a hint of vanilla for a creamy blend of chocolatey goodness.” The gelato has live and active cultures. It was creamy and rich…tasted like a fudgsicle. Recommended toppings: Cap’n Crunch or Cinnamon Toast Crunch, chocolate chips
- Bowser’s Dragon Berry Tart (July 1): “Real dragon fruit, raspberries and blueberries come together to create a lightly tart, vitamin C packed treat. Even Bowser can’t say no to this berry refreshing flavor.” I can see why Bowser likes this flavor; it’s really fruity. Raspberries and blueberries are some of my favorite berries. You can see bits of fruit in the mix. It’s creamy, tangy and berry flavorful. Recommended toppings: Berries, blueberry puree, popping boba
- Toad’s Rocky Road (July 8)
- Yoshi’s Honeydew (July 15)
- Goomba’s Iced Coffee (July 22)
- Princess Peach Tart (July 29)
- Donkey Kong Banana Cream (August 5)
- Shy Guy’s Pineapple Lime Coconut Sorbet (August 12)
- Koopa Troopa’s Lemon Cupake (August 19)
- Luigi’s White Chocolate Pistachio (August 26)
The new cup design features five Nintendo characters that also have their own character spoons: Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi and Bowser. The first two spoons released belong to Mario (red) and Bowser (yellow). There was a new topping: red, white and blue star shaped candies called Starzmania.
Fans of Nintendo and Yogurtland can also enter a sweepstakes with cool prizes, including the Wii Usystem and one year of free frozen yogurt. Enter at yogurt-land.com. By entering the contest, fans are also eligible for instant giveaways, including unlimited frozen yogurt cups, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games, as well as shiny new Nintendo 3DS systems that come with one game.
The promotion runs from July 1 – September 8.
You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.
Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.