Saturday, July 30, 2016

The IFYA Turns 3, Froyo Poem Contest Winner Announced


Fro-yo girl here. The International Frozen Yogurt Association (IFYA) just turned three on July 29, 2013. Since its founding, the IFYA has:
  • Grown its membership base to nearly 1,400 members in 104 countries. The majority of members are frozen yogurt shop operators.
  • Built a social media presence that includes over 2,000 Twitter followers on Twitter, over 1,000 followers on Pinterest, nearly 700 followers on Instagram and over 500 Facebook fans.
  • Secured a wide variety of member discounts, including discounts from new ones from FrozenSolutions.com, Café Pofferazzi, FrozenYogurtParts.com and Soft Serve Solutions 
The IFYA also sponsored a froyo poetry contest to commemorate its third anniversary. The winning poem was submitted by @db_pottery:

‘Twas the night before the new promo
and I could hardly wait
to rush out to Yogurtland
and anxiously find out my fate.

New flavors and special toppings
all waiting just for me;
which one would be my favorite?

The time was getting close to see.

My heart danced with glee
as I skipped into the store;
this is what I live for after all,
special promos...give me more!

With eyes wide and sample cup in hand
I certainly wasted no time;
after all there was something tasty
and it was soon to be mine.

Once the sampling was complete,
my mind was made up;
I knew exactly which temptations
I wanted to have in my cup.

Some cookie dough and Reese's
along with a few chocolate chips;
this was sure to be pleasant
once it finally hit my lips.

And of course one last thing

I couldn't leave out... lots of fluffy whipped cream;
it's something I never go without!

The final order of business
now that the creation was complete,
was to pull out my Real Rewards card
and happily pay for my treat.

The moment was finally here
with one more special surprise;
a new collectible spoon
presented to me before my very eyes!

Like a child at Christmas
this had been the best day;
me and my beloved fro-yo... Hooray! Hooray!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: