Fro-yo girl here. My sharp eye for froyo found a new yogurt/froyo product during a recent shopping trip to 99 Ranch Market. Damtuh Food Co. produces a product called Yogurty that’s imported from Korea. “Yogurty is Damtuh's premium yogurt drink made of milk powders from Italy and France, which gives this drink a smooth, homemade flavor. Just add cold milk for a smooth yogurt drink, or blend all together with ice for instant frozen yogurt and smoothies!”
The box comes with a sports bottle and 20 sticks (packets) of Yogurty powder. The sports bottle comes in handy because it has ml markings for 100, 200 and 300 mls and you can shake your Yogurty with milk in the bottle, and drink from it.
I spotted two flavors, plain and mango. A box was $7.99 at 99 Ranch. They have two other flavors: acai berry and green apple.
To make the yogurt drink, add one stick packet to a cup of cold milk and stir well. The directions are only in Korean on the box but I found an English translation.
- To make a yogurt drink: Add 1 stick to 100 ml of milk, mix well
- To make a yogurt smoothie: Blend 60 ml of milk with 1 stick and 100g of ice cubes in a mixer, try blending with your favorite fruits
- To make frozen yogurt popsicles: Add 1 stick to 100 ml of milk, mix well, pour into a popsicle mold
- To make salad dressing: Use 50 ml of milk and 50 ml of water with 1 stick, mix well
One stick is 18g with 70 calories, no fat and 16g of carbs. It 3 kinds of live probiotics.
Ingredients: Sugar, glucose powder, skim milk powder, pineapple concentrate powder, yogurt powder, yogurt mixed powder, yogo C, Xylitol, L-ascorbic acid, citric acid, DL-malic acid, salt, yogurt cultures.
* Plain Yogurty with milk: It’s thick and quite foamy. The smell is enticing like yogurt. Flavor wise it’s quite tangy thanks to the citric acid plus pineapple with a sweet aftertaste. It tastes powdery though. I’m not a fan of yogurt drinks but this one was flavorful and better than the Yakult style drinks. I liked it better with twice the amount of recommended milk. I also froze the mixture and it remained frothy.
You can buy this product on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Acai-Berry-Yogurty-Sticks-Sports/dp/B00NJ7Z8XU
3.5 out of 5 stars
You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.
* 99 RANCH MARKET: 140 W Valley Blvd., San Gabriel, CA 91776
Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.