Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fro-yo Sunday/Sundae: Thoughts on Salted Caramel Pinkberry


Fro-yo girl here. It feels fitting to talk about Salted Caramel Pinkberry on National Frozen Yogurt Day (a.k.a., the first Sunday/Sundae of June). Salted Caramel Pinkberry is a marked departure from most Pinkberry flavors. It isn't tart based. Like Chocolate Pinkberry, it's more of an indulgent adult dessert type.

I tried the salted caramel shake $5.25), which is topped with a huge dollop of Swirly Whip (whipped cream with Original Tart Pinkberry) and swirls of caramel sauce. There's more caramel sauce at the very bottom. It's a decadent, rich dessert type drink, reminiscent of Starbucks popular Frappuccino line of dessert like beverages.

I like salted caramel but in small doses and while I could appreciate the butter richness of the caramel flavor, it seemed like too much (I'd be happier with a mini shake). I also don't like drinks with whipped cream on top (dessert drinks).

If you order Salted Caramel Pinkberry in a cup or cone, they actually sprinkle it with salt - nice touch. The Salted Caramel flavor doesn't have yogurt flavor...and since I don't see fro-yo as an ice cream substitute, I found myself craving tart fro-yo. I can see how SCP would appeal to a larger market though.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, do you know if the pinkberry at SFO's T2 accepts pinkberry gift cards? Thanks!

Lolia S said...

I believe that they do.

- FYG