Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fro-yo Chicago Report: Downtown


Fro-yo girl here. I found the best fro-yo in downtown Chicago...but it's not at a fro-yo shop. It's at Graham Elliott's fancy/fun sandwich shop, Grahamwich. They only have one kind of fro-yo, Greek yogurt and it comes with paired toppings: pomegranate seeds, shaved chocolate and chestnuts ($4). Pomegranate season is almost over, so I wonder what new fro-yo/toppings combination they'll come up with next. I hope they keep the Greek fro-yo. I loved how it was sour and not too sweet and actually tasted like yogurt, not ice cream. The texture was smooth and icy (but not watery).

Kingoberry opened up in the Printer's Row area about three months ago, inside Pockets. They serve Love's Yogurt. They will deliver fro-yo to you. The price is very reasonable but they only have two fro-yo flavors.


It was sad to see the shuttered Berry Chill. The sign said it was closed temporarily closed for emergency repairs. I spotted two "coming soon" freshii signs downtown, so I'm guessing that means more fro-yo is on the way.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* GRAHAMWICH: 615 N. State St., Chicago, IL
* FRESHII (coming soon): 161 North Clark, 200 W Randolph, Chicago, IL
* KINGOBERRY: 555 S. Dearborn, Chicago, IL
* BERRY CHILL: 635 N. State St., Chicago, IL

No comments: