Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My New Lunchtime Obsession


Fro-yo girl here. At first I was skeptical about combining warm steel-cut oatmeal with cold fro-yo, but it's a combination that really works. Now I find myself craving Fraiche's SF Chronicle Special ($5.95 + tax): steel cut oatmeal, your choice of five toppings, fresh or frozen yogurt (choose frozen!). The creamy organic fro-yo, fresh fruit toppings and oatmeal are all simple and natural. The oatmeal makes the snack substantive enough to have for lunch. The toppings insulate the fro-yo from the oatmeal and even if it does melt a bit, it still tastes great with oatmeal. Plus, you can get homemade mochi as a topping!

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

* FRAICHE: 1901 Fillmore St, San Francisco, CA, 94115

5 comments:

Bonnibella said...

Oh that sounds amazing and I love steel oats.

Beef No Guy said...

Hmmmm healthy, yes!

Waiting for a cha siu flavored froyo I am! Or bacon, egg, cheese and chives froyo for breakfast!

-Froyoda

Lolia S said...

I never get tired of oatmeal. Cha siu fro-yo - hmm, that sounds interesting. Or congee fro-yo. What about beef noodle soup fro-yo? Oh, I had some falafel flavored chips the other day and they were actually good. I think they were from Turkey.

- FYG

Micah | Coffee Machine said...

This looks delicious!

Vishal-Coffee Machine said...

Yummy.!!!! I love desserts.Its really looking delicious.