Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Good Fro-yo Toppings


Fro-yo girl here. For Easter, I had some Cadbury Mini Eggs and also sour gummi bunnies. The sour gummi bunnies were quite chewy, to the point that I don't think that they'd make good fro-yo toppings. What do I look for when it comes to fro-yo toppings?

1. Adds texture. I like something with a bit of crunch or chewiness. Mochi balls are my favorite. On the crunchy side, nothing beats granola. But it has to be the right texture. If it's chewy, it shouldn't take too much effort to chew. I don't like slimy or soft toppings. Fruit must be firm and fresh.
2. Not too sweet. With tart fro-yo, I don't like adding candy or anything too sweet.
3. Complementary or neutral flavor. Toppings should enhance, not compete, with the flavor of the fro-yo. I don't want anything to mask the flavor of the fro-yo too much. Mochi balls go well with sweet and tart fro-yo because they don't have that much flavor.
4. Size. The toppings shouldn't be too large - I like to have mostly fro-yo and a bit of toppings and every spoonful should include fro-yo.
5. Temperature. I don't want warm toppings because I hate melted fro-yo.

What toppings would I like to see more of? Crushed peppermint, chocolate covered honeycomb, mini meringues, Cracker Jacks, Choco Flakes, and crispy, thin cookies (not too sweet). What toppings would you like to see?

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you checked out nu-zen yogurt in westgate mall.. on saratoga? i think you would love it (:

Lolia S said...

Oops, I missed the grand opening of Nu-Zen. I haven't been there yet but now it's on my list. Thank you.

- FYG