Tuesday, June 22, 2021

San Gabriel Valley Gets Another Purple Rice Yogurt Shop


Fro-yo girl here. From Yogurt just opened in Alhambra and so did the 2nd Yomie's RicexYogurt (the one in San Gabriel). During the soft opening, they're offering a deal: Buy one, get one 50% off.

From Yogurt uses organic yogurt and fresh fruit in their made to order yogurt smoothies. Flavors include salted egg, jujube, avocado, strawberry, blueberry, peach, rose, pitaya, mango, etc. I figured purple rice yogurt was the signature drink, so I ordered one. I was told that they ran out of purple rice...but it was early and I was the only customer. I asked about the goat yogurt and they said they were out of it. They probably didn't make any goat yogurt or purple rice.

Decided to keep it simple so I went with the oats yogurt smoothie ($6.50): It's a plain yogurt smoothie with bits of cooked oats. Simple but cold and refreshing without being overloaded with ice. I found it a little sweet (hoped for more tang) and mildly tangy. They didn't add as much oats as Yomie's. Yomie's yogurt drinks are tangier.

Do they make their own yogurt? Can you adjust the sweetness? Not a lot of signage, so I'm not sure.

FROM YOGURT: 29 Valley Blvd, Alhambra, CA 91801

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: