Thursday, January 7, 2021

Menchie’s New Featured Flavors, Vegan Salted Caramel Made with Almond Milk and Gourmet Chocolate Dipped Banana Made with Hershey’s Milk Chocolate


Fro-yo girl here. Menchie’s has announced the first new flavors of 2021. There are two: Vegan Salted Caramel made with almond milk and Gourmet Chocolate Dipped Banana froyo made with Hershey’s Milk Chocolate.

I had to wait a few days in order to find the flavors in my area and I finally found them at Menchie’s Mission Hills (Los Angeles). Bananas are my least favorite food ever, so I’d much rather try Vegan Salted Caramel. Since most Menchie’s don’t seem to offer samples now (for safety reasons), I probably can’t try a tiny bit of Gourmet Chocolate Dipped Banana. I may not try it at all. I hate bananas so much that I couldn’t possibly like any banana flavored froyo or offer an objective opinion.

Vegan Salted Caramel made with almond milk: The texture seemed off – too loose, icy and not frozen enough. The caramel flavor was super strong – too strong for me. It seemed very sweet and very salty, like butterscotch with salt. Recommended toppings: Something to mellow out the strong flavor – Cool Whip, almonds. I would not add candy. I think it would be better with some vanilla froyo. 

Vegan Salted Caramel made with almond milk is dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, and made with no artificial colors, artificial flavors or high fructose corn syrup. 

Be sure to use Menchie’s flavor finder (website, app) if you’d like to find the new flavors.

FYI, Menchie’s Burbank is now temporarily closed. It’s a good location, so I hope it reopens soon.

Menchie’s featured flavors are available for a limited time, while supplies last.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: