Friday, November 27, 2020

Boba Ice Cream Bar Reviews, Part 4: A-Chino Matcha Brown Sugar Boba Ice Cream Bar

 


Fro-yo girl here. Boba ice cream bars continue to be popular. I’ve noticed a few new varieties, including one with pudding and another one with taro. Both were from Shao Mei. The A-Chino Matcha Brown Sugar boba ice cream bar sounded more appealing to me because I love matcha. I found the A-Chino matcha boba ice cream bars at Hmart in Arcadia, CA. One box, with four individually wrapped bars, was on sale for $4.99 (regular price, $6.99). One box is 320g or 80g per bar. The bars are imported from Taiwan.

Matcha Brown Sugar Boba Ice Cream Bar: I’ve had a few A-Chino ice cream bars. Their brown sugar boba ice cream bars were very creamy but I wanted a stronger tea flavor. Like their brown sugar boba ice cream bars, the matcha version had a generous amount of brown sugar boba. I think there were a couple of boba in every bite, including the very first one. The bar was soft but chewy because of all the boba. The boba pearls were soft and chewy. The matcha flavor tasted powdery and did not complement the brown sugar flavor. The bar was a miss for me – too much boba and flavors that didn’t go well together. One bar is 158 calories, with 6.4g total fat, 23.5g total carbs, 15.4g total sugars and 1.5g proteins. 3.5 out 5 stars.

* HMART: 1101 W Huntington Dr., Arcadia, CA 91007

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: