Saturday, June 20, 2020

Yoga-urt Adds Breakfast Items & Morning Hours



Fro-yo girl here. Yoga-urt just started serving breakfast at the Glendale location this week (the official launch date was Wednesday, June 17). The hours have changed as well. Breakfast is served Wednesday through Sunday from 9 AM – 1 PM. The vegan, gluten-free breakfast items are:

  • Smoothies: not new, but you can get them earlier now
  • Super Bowl ($12): a thin layer of soft serve (you choose the flavor) with 3 – 4 toppings
  • Housemade GF vegan waffle w/ your 2 choice of regular toppings, maple syrup, and Cocowhip ($10)
  • Housemade GF vegan waffle w/ your choice of 2 regular toppings, a big scoop of vegan froyo, maple syrup, and Cocowhip ($12)

Like you’d expect from Yoga-urt, the waffles (and their famous froyo) are vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and all natural. Anything new at Yoga-urt garners my interest. Plus, I love eating froyo in the morning!

I chose the waffle with a scoop of Vanilla Harmony froyo, strawberries and the ginger + turmeric granola that I’m so fond of. The waffle is made to order. I’m not sure if I’ve had a gluten-free, vegan waffle before but I trust Yoga-urt to serve something delicious. I wasn’t disappointed. The waffle was big and flat, with slightly crispy edges. The interior was chewier than usual, but in a good way. It reminded me of a mochi waffle. I thought I detected a hint of coconut? It was sweet but not too sweet. The Vanilla Harmony melted a bit and made the waffle even yummier. And the toppings kept things interesting. It’s a big, filling breakfast. I'd love to have the waffles again, even after breakfast hours (but a smaller size). Waffle sundaes?

Yoga-urt serves Groundwork Coffee (organic, local) if you’d like some coffee with your waffle. They also have tea from Art of Tea (organic, local). Bring your dad for Father’s Day brunch. Outdoor seating is available again.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl. 

* YOGA-URT, 1407 ½ W Kenneth Rd., Glendale, CA 91201

Looking for more frozen yogurt news, discussion boards, and resources? Check out the International Frozen Yogurt Association website at http://internationalfrozenyogurt.com/. The IFYA is the independent voice of the frozen yogurt industry.

No comments: