Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fro-yo at the Airport


Fro-yo girl here. I was at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) this week and on my way to my gate, I spotted fro-yo. It's the scoopable kind. Just Desserts had a case of Double Rainbow ice cream and one flavor of fro-yo, vanilla. There are three Just Desserts locations at SFO. I'm not sure if they all have fro-yo or not. It will definitely be exciting to see Pinkberry open there next year but for now, the fro-yo options at SFO are limited and disappointing. I expected better fro-yo options for SFO since the Bay Area has so many fro-yo shops.

It's not surprising that LAX has fro-yo. You can also get fro-yo at JFK, O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Honolulu International, Orlando International, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, McCarran Airport (Las Vegas), etc. I'm always craving fro-yo right after I get off the plane, and even consider whether I'm willing to add a layover to a trip based on the availability of fro-yo at the airport, so I love the idea of airport fro-yo.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

3 comments:

Bonnibella said...

speaking of pinkberry they have one in New Orleans! right outside the french quarter, really odd to see something so neon, bright and sterile next to the history buildings. Blue Penguin fro-yo was .48cent an oz!

Lolia S said...

I heard about Pinkberry New Orleans. Was Blue Penguin any good?

- FYG

Bonnibella said...

only went to sample at Blue Penguin, I didn't buy. The fro yo was too sweet.