Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Greek Strained Yogurt Taste Test


Fro-yo girl here. Though I’m well known for my fro-yo appetite, I also enjoy non-frozen yogurt. I’ve sampled various types including sheep’s milk yogurt, goat’s milk yogurt, soy yogurt, French style yogurt (Saint Benoit Yogurt), and Greek style strained yogurt. I prefer Greek style yogurt for superior smoothness and sour taste. I like to add fresh fruit and honey.

I recently sampled three brands of plain, non-fat Greek Style yogurt purchased from Whole Foods: Chobani, Fage and Oikos. The taste isn’t the big differentiating factor. Each is made with milk and live cultures (and nothing else). Chobani was the smoothest and creamiest of the three, followed by Fage. Fage was a little more whipped/airier than Chobani. Oikos by Stonyfield Farm was noticeably clumpier than the other two brands.

You know you love me. X0 X0, fro-yo girl.

No comments: